Lady of the House :l

Ive had this experience before when mama would be away for 3 days tops, mostly for her camping trips at Baguio and seminars in Tagaytay. Sushal I know! She'd let me handle the finances for the house, and I have to admit, that I'm a failure. Most especially when I see Jollibee's face smiling at me, right after I step out of the bank, with the crispy, still hot bills freshly withdrawn from the ATM :) Srsly, why does Jollibee have to be built right in front of the banks? Advertising strategy, I know! (I hardly notice Chowking cause it's on the same side eh) And oh, I also love to treat my sisters once in a while, using the family's budget for the week, hehehe.

But I must say, I have improved a lot. Mama is with Sara in Las Pinas since Tuesday and I am again tasked to handle the household. Well, not really the entire household because: Papa does the laundry and cooking, Lisa does most of the cleaning and Shyla... well, Shyla does the 'tantrum episodes', 'rakes' clean clothes out of her closet, leaves her shoes around with her dirty socks.... those things that the youngest people in the house does :) And I, make sure everything is DONE according to my delight :) Except the things that Shyla does - I make sure that she cleans up after her mess, stat!

Yesterday, I prepared and cooked dinner. I cooked rice, it wasnt perfect but hey! We have no rice cooker! I served superb Argentina MeatLoafs, my favorite if SPAM is not available. I asked Shyla and Rhec2x, our cousin who dropped by, to lead the rosary (FYI: We are now starting AGAiN to pray the rosary, Praise the Lord for that).

This morning, I went to the bank at 9am, withdrew some money for Ma and Sara. And yes, I saw Jollibee again and who am I to resist (I'm only human!)? Their Chicken BBQ tastes good, you folks should try it too *I used the money that Timothy gave me*! I also did the groceries and bought some hotdogs and Tonkatsu BBQ flavor (Its superb, I swear!). These are the foods that are cook-able by me if you will ask, so that's what I bought :) Im not a cook, FYi! And thanks to me, we are now dining Tokyo-Tokyo style, my sisters love it!

I made a breakdown of the family's expenses and sent it to Mama via SMS. I can say that I did it better this time because Mama replied:

"Ok, salamat anak sa pagtulong at pag alalay mo sa akin"

Sobrang Cheesy! hahaha :) I'd say that before, I thought I dont need appreciative words like that. I never get them, thats why, even from friends and teachers so I'm kinda used to getting none. But this afternoon, after reading Mama's message, I'd say some kind words of appreciation wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess it's about time I give myself a pat on the back, ait?! So that I can also start telling other people that they did great, because I am not that kind of person, well now you know why :) Because I dont know how!

So back to the family expenses. I really hope Shyla won't buy too much junkfoods! Mama gives her 20 pesos everyday, plus 10 pesos for the fare. She eats lunch at home so that's another 30 pesos, back and forth and back (Go figure hahaha!). She spends 60pesos a day and she's not even in high school yet! Lisa only has 50 pesos allowance per day. I already gave her her weekly allowance, I think that's better so she will be trained on how to handle money. But I dont think Shyla is ready for that, I bet she'd spend her weekly allowance in 1 day.

Btw, Shyla called Mama this afternoon and requested for an additional 20 pesos, excluding the fare! And of course, Mama gave in to her youngest daughter's request so despite my protests, I shed off 30 pesos from the money I was budgeting! And tomorrow, I'll have to give her money for 'baon' again! Even Papa asks me for 'allowance' and I said he should ask Mama first because again, its out of the budget plan. As you can notice, I'm stricter than my mom :) hahaha!

I love being the lady of the house because it allows me to be the one who sees that everything is in order and proper without really doing anything. If there's one thing I'm good at, its telling people what to do, selfish and bossy I know, but I work better that way. Plus, you can get more from me if you allow me to be the boss :)

I pray that Sara gets well soon so they can come home :) Although I'm stricter, Mama is more patient and soft spoken.

Less arguments, the better for everybody :)

PS. I'm listening to Ballsy Aquino-Cruz's interview and she said and I quote: "Being the eldest doesnt give you authority over your younger siblings". I'll remember that but I'm not promising anything ha!

Comments

Popular Posts