Family Day: Isdaan at Calauan

'Sunday is family day' - this is most probably true for all Filipino families/ Whether you eat out together, you hear mass, visit a shopping mall or just stay at home for that one day in the the week when all members of the family are at home.

Well, I got married to a guy who's family loves good food, great pictures and loooong drives (hahaha!) So Sunday, December 16, 2012 - everyone, well except of course for Kuya JP cause he rarely joins us for things like this (it's his thing, OK!) - went for an approximately about 1 1/2 - 2 hours drive from Tanay to Calauan, Laguna to eat lunch - yes, just to have lunch (yes, why not?!) and of course take pictures - at Isdaan Floating Restaurant. We left at around 10am and arrived there around 1:00. There were so many people - and a lot of Koreans, too! - since it was lunch time I guess so we had to wait for an available table or slot or whatever you call it. The Koreans in the entrance area, my father-in-law said were looking at and pointing to Arkin. Daddy told Arkin, "Arkin, hinahanap ka ng mga pinsan mo!" He really did quite looked like the Koreans, no wonder.

The place was obviously Thai inspired since the facade of the restaurant looks Bali-ish. I've never been out of the country so obviously I've never been to Bali but from some of the pictures I've seen, I think that's where the inspiration came from, or so I've heard. Lot's of Buddha inspired statues which was good for the kids, kept them amazed the whole time. It's a 'floating' restaurant so expect to see lots of fishes, which was again, good for the kids while we were just at the entrance and got in the wait list. I don't know on some days but that day was obviously jampacked with hungry guests and their waiting area didn't really much served its purpose, but I appreciate that they anticipated and provided "Little Tikes' toys for the kids.

Serving time was a-okay for me given the fact that the restaurant was teeming with people. Plus, we used the time to go around and take pictures with the kids. It was the service and the food that was not good. The place was too big to be accomodated by all the staff, crew and waiters, who were by the way, wearing filipiniana costumes and long sleeves on that scorching hot day! I pitied them, honestly! The food tasted really ordinary, nothing unusual or should I say special. I'm no seafood lover but I liked the food much much better from our Kainan sa Tabing Lawa restaurant in Tanay. And it was really expensive, I didn't saw the bill but I think we spent around 5thousand pesos for that lunch alone, which wasn't really that good, and had small servings. The food tasted bland, they served the glasses very late - as in we were all really, really thirsty already, and desert was served when everyone else has already lost their appetite. I would like to emphasize that on that particular day that we went there, it was obvious from the staff's faces that it was an extra difficult day for them, maybe because there were too many guests - I really don't know.

Okay, so now, are you ready for the pictures?


Daddy, me, Hubby, Ate Lynn and Ate Claire in the waiting area.

Raine and Ate Yeye playing while waiting
Arkin, while running around, as usual
While waiting to be seated, kuya was brave to take pictures with a silver man.

Still waiting

We ate by this area.

 

Pretty sweet!





We cannot miss this: Arkin's angry birds!

Can't describe the look on Arkin's face when he saw these!
Arkin and Pig Oink Oink!

Daddy, Arkin and the crocodile!

My princess.

Paborito!



We tried boat riding. It costs nothing, well, you just have to give the bangkero 35 pesos I think although the sign says 20 pesos. But the best part was you'd see angry bird stuffs so we had to!


Raine wanted to go boating again! She was crying on the way home saying 'Boat! Boat!'
This is what you will see at the end of the boat ride.





My minnie mouse!

And my mickey mouse!













 Tip: If you want to eat right away when you get there, try to arrive a little earlier than lunch time especially on weekends. 

As for me, it's worth the long drive -and yes even the not so good food - because my twins had fun. But I will not go back there just to have lunch again. It's a good place to take great pictures with family but not to satisfy your craving tummy. Great place, not so great food. But thank you Isdaan, we had fun anyways!


Goodvibes!

xoxo

Comments

  1. Great photos! Gusto ko punta dyan! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maganda talaga pics kapag maganda cam thanks to my sis in law haha! Go may angry birds haha!

      Delete
    2. Maganda talaga pics kapag maganda cam thanks to my sis in law haha! Go may angry birds haha!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love your blog! Specially the photos because they are so artistic and creative. So detailed that I really enjoyed browsing your blog. I followed you on GFC! Hoping you can come by mine too :) Thank you for this post! I can't wait to read more of your posts. More power to you!

    XOXO
    Your new follower,
    www.MusingsofaMakeupMaven.com

    PS. Angelo Falconi and Pond's are giving away fabulous products! I would love it if you could check it out too! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts