Hello, BORACAY!

BAKASYON GRANDE. I can truly say that my first - definitely not the last - real beach experience was the grandest vacation I have had, so far. Twas the first time I rode a plane, for one. And I spent 4 days and 3 nights of summer (March 19 - 22, 2013) with my family, there in beautiful Boracay.

So I never told anyone - except my sisters just the night before we leave for Boracay - that I was dead scared riding an airplane. And to make matters worst, we rode a really small passenger plane, the one with the small propellers. Take off was a-okay. Yes I prayed and held on to my rosary throughout the entire flight which lasted for only about an hour. Arkin sat beside Timothy, and Raine sat beside me. Raine was sleeping during take off, which was good for me so I get to hug my daughter, as I was scared for dear life. I am paranoid like that, thanks to those documentaries I used to watch before about airline disasters! The plane was really really small, I feel trapped inside. The plane's AC had problems so it was really hot as well, as in perspiring hot! Good thing the twins behaved really well, during the earlier part of the trip I'd say, and they enjoyed the ride. They, including myself, were mesmerized by the awesome view and of the CLOUDS. I never knew clouds were that amazing! They looked like cotton candies and ice cream swirls! (That was the kid inside me talking). Landing was traumatizing for me. Caticlan airport apparently had a short runway, that's why. It was all shaky and there were Koreans behind us that were shouting "Please No! Please!" I wanted to say to their faces, "Hello, first timer here!". I felt powerless! There I was with the 3 people I care for the most inside a small, enclosed space, and I don't know if we will be able to survive that plane ride. But of course we did! Hahaha! The twins were shouting along with the Koreans but theirs were "Yehey!" and "Wow!". It kind of relaxed me a bit that my babies weren't scared and even thought it was cool, which made me uncool, of course.

Okay enough of the brouhaha. So, are you ready for the pictures?





Caticlan Airport.

Arkin hated the sand... at first! He loved it and dreamt of sand for the rest of the trip!











Raine definitely owned this trip. She has the awesomest pictures among the rest of the bunch!

Look at that tiny shoulder working it. Nakakaproud mom hahaha!












Out of town trips are expensive, tiring and really exhausting (isnt that just the same as tiring?) As husband and wife, we did fought a lot during this trip. It can beat the crap out of you. If you'll be riding a kind of transportation that's new for your kids (and you as well!) you have to put in mind that as much as it could be exciting for them, it could also be frightening. What I did, and also from what I have read, I prepared them for the plane ride by telling them everyday, weeks before the actual vacay. It prepared them emotionally, physically and psychologically (including myself). I also did it to build up excitement instead of fear (including me, again.). And I really think I did a great job on that one because my babies were amazing flyers, first time flyers at that with some minor fighting and crying inside the plane, of course!


 Thinking it through, even though I was part yaya-part kargaador, I would have never gone through this trip if I can't be with my babies. Sure, I failed to enjoy the said vacay. There were a lot of reasons why a mother of  3 year old energy packed growing twin toddlers can't and won't - I was too tired carrying one or both of them, I was too sleepy because I had to wake up extra early ahead of everyone so I can prepare their 'beach outfit' for the day (for  3 days), Arkin won't walk on the sand because it gets inside his slippers (of course it would sweetie, I'd tell him everytime), Arkin and Raine would throw tantrums in front of everyone, Raine would always pull me to take a dip in the pool or would always cry "Mommy, lets go boat!", the twins would always always find a reason to fight over something all the time, it was scorching HOT outside and freaking COLD inside our hotel room, I had to apply to sunblock to both Arkin&Raine regularly that I forget to apply some on myself too, too tired carrying all the 'essential stuff' they would be needing everytime we go or eat out, too dizzy turning my head left and right looking where the twins were running at. One time when I finally realized that I should also try to enjoy - even just the view of the sea, I tried to sit down and crossed my legs, just trying to feel the beach vibe. But someone cried out to me "Mommy, ouchie eyes!" because they got sand in their eyes while playing even though I already told them to be careful when playing with sand or to wear their goggles while doing so but they opted not to. Kudos to me for even thinking to relax and remove my watch on my kids for just a few seconds. 



 I know my twins very well. I know they got nervous on their first time boarding a plane. I know they got dizzy when our ferry was swaying left and right because of the big waves from the Caticlan jettyport. I know they were scared and got sea sick during our small motor banca ride for our island hopping extravaganza. I know they got tired when Mommy and Daddy told them that they have to walk because we were already tired carrying them. And most of all, I know the entire trip made them restless and irritable. But it was unexplainable seeing how their eyes lit up at the sight of numerous airplanes, up close at the airport. Their faces lit up knowing that we were inside an actual airplane and the feeling that they were actually 'flying'. They were ecstatic watching the clouds and ships passing by. They were awed by the view of the beach and of other shipping vessels from the sea during our boat rides. They excitedly asked Daddy to buy their happy meal toys when we got accidentally walked into a McDonalds there. They happily go back to playing after I removed sand from their eyes that they got from playing. Their life was pure bliss. No complaining. Just "Mommy, milk time". Just pure innocent happiness and gratefulness. I remember how they thank me all the time, as if I was the one who paid for our trip (Thank you MommyLa!). They would look at the ocean, adore the view and would say "Thank you Mommy!" Thank you Daddy!" as if we were the ones who created everything they see. That was enough to wipe away all of my exhaustion!



 How can I complain to that? Never mind that I had to face my fear of flying, of heights and of enclosed spaces all at the same time. Never mind that I looked more of a yaya than a well-rested, happy vacationing wife and mother of two. Never mind that I never got to try riding a banana boat or snorkelling. Never mind that I didn't get to walk from Station 1 to Station 3. Never mind that I didn't get to try the famous Jonah's fruit shakes. Never mind that I never got to see the 'grotto'. Never mind that I looked fat and fugly and 'ngarag' in all our pictures. It was them, Arkin and Raine, their happiness is what all that matters. I let them be kids. They laughed a lot, cried a lot, they ran a lot, walked a lot, stumbled a lot, they threw fits a lot. And I would like to savor and remember all of it, every single moment of it. It was as if they knew that you don't get to be 3 years old and spend vacation in Boracay with your family all the time. They knew they were in this oasis and they made sure to have fun. Loads of fun.


Mga anak, naging yaya, assisstant, kargador, fan ang peg ni Mommy - I know that first out of town or out-of-Luzon trip we had would prove to you two how much Mommy and Daddy loves you. Ang hirap mga anak eh, hahaha! Let's do this again, but when you're older and bigger na ha? Para wala nang karga okay?

My gorgeous bunch.



Goodvibes!!!
xoxo


PS Sorry for the grammatical errors, I don't proof read haha! I'll try later. 
Pictures were from my sis-in-law Jacky and from our phones.
More pics in my FB page. 

Comments

  1. I don't proofread either. Haha! Naiiyak ako. May naalala kasi ako. Pero I will make kwento na lang later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can I follow yung Infinite blog mo? I can't find the link. I dont know how! hahaha!

      Delete
  2. one cute happy family enjoying their trip to Boracay... so lovely! <3 Hope you had a great time in the island. See you there again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts