On Contraception and SexEd

So here I am blogging using my husband's laptop. Since their house was damaged from Basyang's wrath, and their house opens up to the heavens - literally, I told him there's no use for his laptop there so he should let me use it for the weekend. And because I am a great wife, he 'obeyed'.

Actually, I have nothing to write about. I have been trying hard but really, when you have two babies in front of you, who smiles and laughs and not to mention - urinates everywhere (I don't use diapers during day time - its cost efficient and they are least likely to develop diaper rash) you wouldn't have time to even collect your thoughts. So what am I writing here? Well, I'm just writing at 'the spur of the moment'.

Btw, hubby and I talked about contraceptives last night. Knowing that multiples runs in the family and we are the lucky two that got it for obvious reasons, we know that it is a must that we observe 'safe sex'. I actually find it funny because technically, there is really no need for us to - and we never used any contraceptive method in the past during our pre-marital coitus days. We're married for heaven's sake, we can do anything we want. But things are really different I guess when you're married, and you have two babies at once. We want nothing but the best for our twins, so we better be responsible parents. And by being responsible it means we have to be able to support these two financially, which we are trying really really hard. I wouldn't even mention here how I manage my time taking care of my babies all by myself. Don't let me start at it because honestly, I don't know how I live through each day.

Yeah its true. It's the hard fact of having twins. Double the diapers, double the milk formulas, the vaccine shots - everything. And my, 'everything' costs a lot these days. Just one dose of a 6-in-1 vaccine costs around 2,500 php. That's the discounted price already, and they have to have 3 of those, everything times 2 , you do the math! It's a good thing though that when I gave birth, all the doctors that attended to us didn't charge us. Well, Ate Dodeth, my sister-in-law was my OB, Dra. Bernardo our pedia was her friend, and my anesthesiologist Dr. Sagun was also Ate Dodeth's friend who I found out was our relative right when I was on the operating table!

I admit it, we depend on our parents for support. We needed our family's assistance especially during the first few months because although I have the education to take care of them, there wasn't really any formal training nor was there any course on college like Parenting Twins 101. But we both know that we have to do this on our own real soon. We don't want to be rely on our parents forever. This is our responsibility and we claim it.

That's why we decided that I should start on the pills. I'll have to consult my sister-in-law about it because I am still breastfeeding. That would be awkward but she's my OB and well, she has really no choice, right? I still find it funny because we really don't have to do this because we are freakkin married already and I know I am stubborn to take the pill everyday. I hope I won't forget it. My friend Maggie told me I should put it on Facebook as an event so I'll be reminded about it :). That's why I'm thinking, maybe I should go with the 'injectibles'. I'd only do it every 3 months, right? Or not? Agghh! I really am ignorant to these things because I didn't listen to our topics on reproductive health during college. I was probably talking to Macy and Ashley.

I told my husband I don't think he still needs to withdraw if I'm on the pill. He said he'd still want to be safe. haha! I didn't realized that having babies thru unplanned pregnancies would lead us to actually practice safe sex, finally! The people against Sex Education for schools should read this, haha!

Comments

  1. Sa injectibles nag gain ng weight ang sister ko. Pero depende daw yun. :) Sa pills, nde naman sya tumaba. Pumayat pa sya ahit papano. :D

    Pero diba sabi, if you're breastfeeding, safe yun? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama ko din tumaba with injectibles so sabi nya wag daw yun. Parang may tendency ako na magaya sa kanya kaya ayaw! haha. Pills din daw nagpapataba. Kelangan ko ma try :)

    Yup pero I had my period na eh kaya di na safe hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't tried pill or injections.. We use condoms lol. Gone were the days when we will just have sex and not think of the consequences. Hubby and I are more careful now, and you were right about what you said with the expenses. =) Calculating it, until my Kevin goes to college and graduates, I think we will be spending... hay lost count lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigosh ate kay! I'm sorry ngayon ko lang ulit nacheck tong blogspot ko. Anyways, I've been on the pill for 4 months na. We love it haha! Fireworks all the time hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts