Moving Out, Moving In

There's a major renovation going on at my in-law's house. It's a very much needed renovation, mind you. I really don't know the history of the house but to give you guys an idea, whenever people from the 'outside' asks me "Kumusta na yung bahay nila sa looban?" and I describe to them how it looks like, they always have the same reactions. "Hindi pa din pinapagawa? Ganun pa din pala ang bahay nila."

Even without any idea how it looked like before, I must admit, the house looks old and it desperately calls for a major renovation. There are a lot of areas that needs repairing, most of these caused by previous typhoons. Yes, the house and the typhoons that visited the Philippines has a lot of history together. I am not kidding. For every typhoon that passes, there is always one damage left to the house. One damage that I can remember in particular was when their ceiling gave up, like literally. 'Milenyo' caused that one, I know because my husband almost got crushed by their termite-infested ceiling.

But don't get me wrong, the house was live-able. It has a two-door refrigerator, a Sony flat screen televison - appliances you would never imagine to be inside their humble abode. The facade of the house makes it thief proof. haha! Just this time, 'Basyang' left a bigger damage that pushed mommy and daddy (my in-laws) to renovate the house. Their roof was toppled by the fierce winds and their bedrooms were - let's just say, it opens up to the heavens. So we all thought that maybe they will just fix the roof. But mommy told me they are now planning to renovate the whole house. They will change the roof, tear down walls, upgrade the kitchen, expand the rooms plus - they will be adding another room for hubby, me and the twins.

Okaay. The original plan was we'd renovate the 'other house' - I will need to take a picture of that other house which I don't have for you to understand better - but since the 'main house' needs major renovation, they have decided that we should stay there instead, temporarily. They won't let us rent a house because they said it would be hard for me to take care of the twins alone, having no yaya at all. So maybe, a room is enough so we can practice :)

I don't know why but the idea of having our very own 'space' makes me anxious. I'm excited because although we'll be under 1 roof with my in-laws, everything screams INDEPENDENCE for me. But at the same time, I'm nervous because this is the first time that I'll be leaving our family house and when that time comes, I can't refer to it as my 'home' anymore. Everything will be new, the environment, the feeling...

So before I cry or anything, I need to look for styles of cabinets for our 'space'. Were going to have them built-in and I told my husband I have to have that vanity mirror as well. We need ample room for our clothes and shoes because there will be four of us in that 'space'. And I'll specifically tell hubby that we need storage for shoes and bags because if there's 1 thing that causes clutter - its the small things like shoes and bags! Btw, we have no bed yet. I hope they have good carpenters that will make the built-in cabinets. Maybe we can ask them to make us a bed, too.

Gee, i wish we'd have a really big room cause there are so many ideas running on my head right now I'm afraid we won't have enough space for everything! And I still haven't told my mom about this, yet. She'd love the idea but I know deep inside she'll be emotional and all. This makes me sad. I'm not good at this physical separation stuff! I'm now thinking, can I go home on weekends? Oh dear, I have to remind myself I'm not in college anymore and this is not dorm life - this is real life. But real life doesn't mean I have to cook and do the laundry, right? Or not? But first things first, I have to find that bedroom design really soon.

We are so gonna start our own family now. We are so gonna nail this Timothy Piguing II. I'm so gonna be a kick ass wife and mom to my twins. And I am sooo crossing my fingers for that they look crooked now :D

Good Vibes!

Comments

  1. Goodluck! :)) Kami after pa manganak ng sister ni lou, tsaka pa namin papagawa yung isang room sa kanila. Bawal daw kasi magpukpok or magtibag ng wall pag may nakatirang buntis sa bahay. ewan ko ba sa mga matatanda. hahahaha!

    Pero nakaka excite din kasi yung idea na magsasarili na kayo. yun nga lang, andami mong worries sa una. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks danni:) Naku sawang sawa din ako sa mga kasabihan ng matatanda nakakaloka nag aaway kami ng mama ko kase diba minsan naman talaga walang konek? haha.

    Natatakot ako hindi ako marunong ng mga gawaing bahay. Hindi naman ako wife material haha. Pang mother lang ako chos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts