Arkin's First Boo-Boo

On the night of my birthday, before heading out to Vista Barista for hubby's b-day treat for me, Arkin was 'walking' with what my mom calls as 'andador'. I call it old-school walker. It's made of wood or what my father-in-law calls 'uway'. I prefer it over the modern walker not only because it is cheaper but it has no 'seat' to catch the baby's ass (ASS talaga?!) when he/she feels lazy to practice walking. It looks like this:



So, going back on the night of my birthday, I was nursing my baby girl to sleep while waiting for my husband. My mom was playing with Arkin in the living room. Apparently, he was in the 'andador' and trying to get his toy, but it fell on his big toe. My mom didn't noticed it at first until she saw Arkin's face turned red. He didn't cry but when he heard my mom who's kinda panicky, he just shouted "Waah! Waah!". For a moment there I forgot that I'm a nurse and that all it takes is 'PRESSURE' to impede the bleeding. But when I looked at my son and saw that he was not in pain, and he's not even crying - I knew that I don't really have to anything to worry about. I just pressed on his big toe, carried him and washed his 'wound' in the sink. I even pressed on it a little harder to squeeze out the blood. I know it's not venomous or something but I'm just being sure. He still didn't cry. I applied Betadine and then he was back to playing again. I told my husband about it and he wasn't even a bit worried. Like me, I know he can't help but smile at the thought that Arkin didn't even cried because of his boo boo. My baby took it like a man. I'm so proud of him. It's really one of those mommy moments!



This is the 'school bus' that caused Arkin's boo boo. Whenever my in-laws asks me about what happened, I tell them: 'Nabagsakan po ng school bus!"
















Comments

Popular Posts