Parenting101: Throwing Tantrums

INTRODUCTION: So it's late and I am still up because Arkin is still playing with his toys. Whenever he's throwing tantrums, he throws everything, his water bottle, milk bottle, shoes, our Barney 'original' dvd, our pirated dvds - everything that he can grab. So now this Barney dvd won't work anymore and he turned the TV's power off, asked for his toys and splashed them all on the floor. Now our room is a mess again, at this very hour.


Sometimes I really don't get kids. Most of the time I do.... (Okay now Arkin came up to me pointing to his diaper which means he pooped... I will be back in a minute...) Again, I don't get kids. I do most of the time but there are just times when you don't anymore. Sometimes you'll think, is he doing this just to piss me off? Because that's what I feel sometimes. And yes, I admit, I snapped a couple of times. Okay, so a lot of times. Does that make me a bad parent? I'd like to believe not. And yes, I admit, there were times when I snapped at my child just because I ran out of patience. But don't get me wrong, that's not always the case. There are just 'incidents' that let's say, tests my patience.

You see, when there's throwing - whether it may be toys that you just picked up, my phone, milk bottles, comb and then there's also throwing at me; pushing, smashing (yep), pulling, hitting, sprawling on the floor, biting and etc. sometimes I just lose it and I begin to spank.At first I was hesitant to do so so I directed my impatience to their eenie-meenie hands then to their fatty legs then to their diaper clad bottoms. And then there are of course nights or days when all I'd like is to just have some pretty good sleep or even a nap but they just won't let me. When one kid feasts on one of your breast, the other wants too, on that same breast. I mean, are they ding this on purpose? It makes me wanna sing: I have 2 breasts, the left and the right. There are 2 of them and they both want the same breast. Sometimes, it sucks and I feel like okay, joke's on me again.

Just the other night, I was telling my husband thru SMS that I lost it and spanked Arkin quite a number of times. And even he admitted that there were times when he feels like he's about to lose it too so he just walked away. And you know what? He's right. From the many literatures I've read, it says that when your child is throwing tantrums or is just not being himself/herself, just leave him/her there for a while. You are doing this not for the child, but for you. So you can cool down, and avoid any incident that may lead you to 'spanking' or worse.



Here's my sweet baby girl :)


Just look at this naughty boy :)



Truth be told, everything melts away in a heartbeat everytime I get a smile, a hug, or a kiss from the lips or sometimes from the tongue (It's actually cute!), everything just goes away. We're all back to square one, clean slate. I know you've heard it from a lot of moms, cliche I know, but if you're a parent - you know this; and if you're still not - then find out for yourself and be amazed at how 'charming' babies can be. Besides, I don't wanna be crazy, monster mom. I just want my babies to grow up as good individuals, and be loving and caring for each other.

That's it for now because as you know, I still have some toys to pick up before morning comes :)
Goodvibes everyone!
xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts